To abide by the Marriage Act 1961, I must view and record details of some or all of the following identification:
- identity data including your full name, date of birth, location of birth, parents full current names and birth names, country your parents were born in.
- your email address, phone number, home address
- transaction data (including details about payments from you
- technical data (including your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website);
- usage data (including information about how you use our website, products and services); and
- marketing and communications data including your communication preference.
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect some information from you when you make an enquiry with us (for example, by telephone or email) or submit a contact enquiry on our website.
If you decided to choose me as your celebrant, I will also need to record your date of birth, passport numbers, birth certificates, drivers licences or divorce/death certificate of a previous spouse (if applicable).
We are committed to using lawful and fair means to collect personal information and collecting it from others only when it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain certain information from you directly. We collect personal information about you from:
- Searches and enquiries
- Your use of our website
- WHY WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
I collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information as is reasonably necessary for me to perform my core duty as an authorised marriage celebrant, including for the following purposes:
- to contact and communicate with you
- to provide services to you
- for internal record keeping
- as required by law according to the Marriage Act 1961.
I will not use or disclose personal information for the purpose of direct marketing unless you have consented to the use or disclosure of the information for that purpose.
Please note that I will not disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected without your consent, unless we are required to do so by law.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access: You can request details of personal information that I hold about you. I will respond to any request to access information within a reasonable time.
Correction: If you believe that any information I hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact me using the details set out below. I rely in part on you advising me when your personal information changes. I will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date and to notify you of the correction, unless it is impracticable or unlawful to do so.
I must hold on to your personal details for 7 years, after which I will destroy them.
HOW WE MAINTAIN THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we hold is secure and protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We undertake the following precautions to protect personal information we hold:
- I limit access to personal information to a “need-to-know” basis
- My devices are protected by password and are stored in secure premises
- data is securely stored on cloud servers
- all hard copies of personal information are kept in secure storage with access by authorised personnel only
- all conversations involving the discussion of personal information take place in private, where conversations are unable to be overheard by unauthorised personnel
While I take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure website and business, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins, and I cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and I will not be liable to you for any such occurrences. If a data breach occurs involving your personal information and the breach is likely to cause harm to you, I will notify you as soon as possible after the occurrence in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act and related legislation.
- HOW YOU CAN MAKE A COMPLAINT ABOUT PRIVACY BREACH
You can also opt out of information collecting for advertising targeting by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- CONTACT DETAILS
For any questions or notice, please contact me using these details:
Bianca Paliaga – email@example.com